Shin-chi's canoe / Nicola I. Campbell ; pictures by Kim LaFave.
- 33 of 37 copies available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 1 of 1 copy available at Terrace Public Library.
0 current holds with 37 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Terrace Public Library||E CAM (Text)||35151001048776||Easy Books||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780888998576
- ISBN: 9781773061276 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 0888998570
- Physical Description: 1 volume (unpaged) : colour illustrations ; 21 x 21 cm
- Publisher: Toronto : Groundwood Books, 2008.
- Copyright: ©2008.
When Shin-chi and his sister go off to his first year of Residential School in a cattle truck, she warns him of all the things he must not do. The days are long, he is very lonely and alwlays hungry, but he find solace down at the river with a gift from his father, a tiny cedar canoe. It seems like a very long time until the salmon swim upriver again and he can finally go home.
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Native peoples > Canada > Residential schools > Juvenile fiction.
Native children > Canada > Fiction.
Indians of North America > Canada > Residential schools > Fiction.
Brothers and sisters > Fiction.
|Topic Heading:||Reading Power - Question