Good intentions gone awry : Emma Crosby and the Methodist mission on the Northwest Coast / Jan Hare and Jean Barman.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Terrace Public Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Terrace Public Library||266.792 Cro (Text)||002008639||Adult Non-fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9780774812702
- ISBN: 9780774812719 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 0774812702 (hard : alk. paper)
- ISBN: 0774812710 (pbk.)
- Physical Description: xxiii, 307 p.,  p. of plates : ill., map, ports. ; 24 cm.
- Publisher: Vancouver : UBC Press, c2006.
|Bibliography, etc. Note:||
Includes bibliographical references (p. -294) and index.
"Presents the letters of Emma Crosby ... who came to Fort Simpson ... in 1874. ... The authors critically represent Emma's sincere convictions towards mission work and the running of the Crosby Girls' Home (later to become a residential school), while at the same time exposing them as a product of the times in which she lived." --back cover.
Search for related items by subject
|Topic Heading:||First Nations Canada.