The food lab : better home cooking through science / J. Kenji López-Alt ; photographs by the author.
"As Serious Eats's culinary nerd-in-residence, J. Kenji López-Alt has pondered [how to pan-fry a steak with a charred crust and an interior that's perfectly medium-rare from edge to edge when you cut into it] and more. In [this book], Kenji focuses on the science behind beloved American dishes, delving into the interactions between heat, energy, and molecules that create great food. Kenji shows that often, conventional methods don't work that well, and home cooks can achieve far better results using new--but simple--techniques"--Amazon.com.
- ISBN: 9780393081084 :
- ISBN: 0393081087 :
- Physical Description: 958 pages : illustrations ; 28 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York ; W.W. Norton & Company, Inc., 
Search for related items by subject
|Subject:||Cooking > Technique.
Food > Analysis.
Cooking > Research.
- 0 of 1 copy available at BC Interlibrary Connect. (Show)
- 0 of 1 copy available at Terrace Public Library.
- 0 current holds with 1 total copy.