Fatty legs : a true story / Christy Jordan-Fenton & Margaret Pokiak-Fenton ; artwork by Liz Amini-Holmes.
- 1 of 1 copy available at Terrace Public Library.
0 current holds with 1 total copy.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Barcode||Shelving Location||Holdable?||Status||Due Date|
|Terrace Public Library||j 371.829 Jor (Text)||35151000198762||Junior Non-fiction||Volume hold||Available||-|
- ISBN: 9781554512478 (lib. bdg.)
- ISBN: 9781554512461 (pbk.)
- ISBN: 9781554512478 (hc.)
- ISBN: 1554512476 (lib. bdg.)
- Physical Description: 104 pages : illustrations (chiefly color), portraits (some color), color map ; 24 cm
- Publisher: Toronto, ON : Annick Press, .
Margaret, a young Inuit girl begs her father to let her go to the outsiders' school. Before finally relenting, he warns her, as water wears rock smooth, her spirit will be worn down and made small. She soon encounters the Raven, a nun who immediately disapproves of the strong-willed young girl. To prove her dislike, the Raven passes out gray stockings to all except Margaret, who receives red ones. In an instant Margaret is the laughingstock of the school. Now she must face her tormentor.
|Target Audience Note:||
Search for related items by subject
First Nations - Inuit - Juvenile literature
First Nations Canada.